In order to understand which content is most popular with certain user groups, we collect anonymized data to further improve your user experience. This information is only processed by us and our web hosting provider. Your data is never provided or even sold to any other third party.
Purpose of the processing
We use Matomo to analyse the behaviour of website visitors to identify potential pitfalls, such as not found pages, search engine indexing issues, and which contents are the most appreciated. Once the data is processed, Matomo is generating reports for us to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content, etc. For these purposes, We are processing the following personal data:
- Cookies (Matomo)
- IP address (last octet (IPv4) or interface-identifier (IPv6) anonymized)
- Date and time of your visit
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
Processing your personal data such as visited sites helps us to troubleshoot issues with our website. By processing your personal data, you can profit from a website which is getting better and better. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on this website and help you find the information you are looking for.
Recipients of the personal data
The personal data received through Matomo are sent to:
- Me, Nils Grundmann
- My web hosting provider: Hetzner Online GmbH, Industriestr. 25, 91710 Gunzenhausen, Germany
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
ciphersuite.info data is hosted in Germany.
We are keeping the personal data captured within Matomo for a period of three months. Matomo's periodic deletion of old data ensures that data is kept no longer than required.
Existence of each of the data subject's rights
As Matomo is processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature:
Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data with Matomo analytics is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Obligation and possible consequences of failing to provide the personal data
If you wish this website to not process any personal data with Matomo, you can opt-out from it at any time. There will be no consequences at all regarding the use of its services. This website also honors your browser's "Do Not Track" preference.
Existence of automated decision-making, including profiling
Matomo and ciphersuite.info is not doing any profiling