Insecure Cipher Suite
- IANA name:
- Hex code:
- 0xC0, 0x0C
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH)
- Rivest Shamir Adleman algorithm (RSA)
- Rivest Cipher 4 with 128bit key (RC4 128)
- Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA)
- Included in RFC:
Diffie-Hellman key exchanges not using ephemeral keys do not support Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) which is recommended, so attackers cannot decrypt the whole communication stream.
IETF has officially prohibited RC4 for use in TLS in RFC 7465. Therefore, it can be considered insecure.
The Secure Hash Algorithm 1 has been proven to be insecure as of 2017 (cf. shattered.io).