- IANA name:
- Hex code:
- 0xC0, 0x01
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2, TLS1.3
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman (ECDH)
- Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA)
- NULL Encryption (NULL)
- HMAC Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA)
- Included in RFC:
This key exchange algorithm does not support Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) which is recommended, so attackers cannot decrypt the complete communication stream.
This cipher suite uses no encryption at all. Hence, it does not provide confidentiality protection.
The Secure Hash Algorithm 1 has been proven to be insecure as of 2017 (see shattered.io).