- IANA name:
- GnuTLS name:
- Hex code:
- 0xC0, 0x11
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2, TLS1.3
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- PFS Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral (ECDHE)
- Rivest Shamir Adleman algorithm (RSA)
- Rivest Cipher 4 with 128bit key (RC4 128)
- HMAC Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA)
- Included in RFC:
There are reports that servers using the RSA authentication algorithm with keys longer than 3072-bit may experience heavy performance issues leading to connection timeouts and even service unavailability if many clients open simultaneous connections.
IETF has officially prohibited RC4 for use in TLS in RFC 7465. Therefore, it can be considered insecure.
The Secure Hash Algorithm 1 has been proven to be insecure as of 2017 (see shattered.io).