Insecure Cipher Suite
- IANA name:
- GnuTLS name:
- Hex code:
- 0xC0, 0x07
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral (ECDHE)
- Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA)
- Rivest Cipher 4 with 128bit key (RC4 128)
- Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA)
- Included in RFC:
IETF has officially prohibited RC4 for use in TLS in RFC 7465. Therefore, it can be considered insecure.
The Secure Hash Algorithm 1 has been proven to be insecure as of 2017 (cf. shattered.io).