Weak Cipher Suite
- IANA name:
- OpenSSL name:
- Hex code:
- 0x00, 0x9A
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.0, TLS1.1, TLS1.2
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral (DHE)
- Rivest Shamir Adleman algorithm (RSA)
- SEED in Cipher Block Chaining mode (SEED CBC)
- Secure Hash Algorithm 1 (SHA)
- Included in RFC:
The CBC mode is vulnerable to plain-text attacks with TLS 1.0, SSL 3.0 and lower. However a real fix is implemented with TLS 1.2 in which the GCM mode was introduced and which is not vulnerable to the BEAST attack. GCM should be preferred over CBC (cf. BEAST).
The Secure Hash Algorithm 1 has been proven to be insecure as of 2017 (cf. shattered.io).