- IANA name:
- Hex code:
- 0xC0, 0x57
- TLS Version(s):
- TLS1.2, TLS1.3
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Key Exchange:
- PFS Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral (DHE)
- Digital Signature Standard (DSS)
- AEAD ARIA with 256bit key in Galois/Counter mode (ARIA 256 GCM)
- Secure Hash Algorithm 384 (SHA384)
- Included in RFC:
The so-called DHEat Attack affects cryptographic protocols using the Diffie Hellman key exchange (incl. TLS). According to its authors, it exploits a potocol particularity that may allow attackers to perform a DoS attack "with a low-bandwidth network connection without authentication, privilege, or user interaction."
The so-called Raccoon Attack affects the specifications of TLS 1.2 and below when using a DH(E) key exchange. According to the researchers, while very hard to exploit, in rare circumstances this timing attack allows attackers to decrypt the connection between users and the server. A fix has been introduced in the TLS 1.3 specification.