After a long time of testing, making changes, smashing bugs and improving our content, we are more than happy to anounce that ciphersuite.info is finally here! What you are looking at is release 1.0 of this tool. That said, we are far from done and plan to improve and extend the functionality continuously.
But let us start with this initial release. In the following you will find a brief overview of the site's current functionality:
- search for complete cipher suites, distinct algorithms (if you want to see every cipher suite using that algorithm), RFCs or vulnerabilities
- sort the list and your search results by different type of algorithm
- show only recommended, secure, weak or insecure cipher suites
- show only cipher suites for TLS 1.0/1.1 or TLS 1.2
- show only software (OpenSSL, GnuTLS) implemented cipher suites in its syntax form (default view is IANA syntax)
- see why a cipher suite (or algorithm) is marked as secure, weak or insecure and read about the specific vulnerability at the linked sources
- see in which RFC this cipher suite was defined and read the RFC for more (technical) information on the linked sources
The rating tags mean the following:
Recommended: This cipher suite supports Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), and should be chosen instead of "secure"
Secure: This cipher suite meets all of today's security and encryption standards. You might get compatibility problems with older clients which does not understand them yet
Weak: This cipher suite has some flaws and you should consider using "secure" ones instead.
Insecure: You should not use any of the "insecure" marked cipher suites for any production use. If you want to play around or try to break it yourself, that is fine. But please, no production use. Make the internet a safer place.
At this time, our site is up-to-date for any TLS 1.0-1.2 cipher suite. However, TLS 1.3 is not implemented because of the different syntax, yet. TLS 1.3 will follow as soon as possible.
Thanks for using the service and making it through these release notes. We will provide information on our future plans for this website soon. Stay tuned, there is more to come!